..Pupils said: ‘I just wish others knew how good this school is.’
Thank you to everyone - parents, carers, staff, students, governors for their continuing hard work, support and appreciation.
As just one kind parent has put it already.......
Congratulations! That is an excellent outcome and you and your staff will rightly be very proud indeed- very well done and as a parent - thank you and your staff for your consistency, dedication and professionalism.
Very best wishes to you all
In her recent email to parents and carers, Mrs Wesbter said;
I am delighted to forward to you a copy of our OFSTED report for the inspection which took place in December.
We are very pleased with the outcome and the inspector’s findings. We were keen that during the day’s visit, OFSTED inspectors recognised the quality of education and breadth of experiences Norwood provided and understood the very distinctive ethos of the school. Leadership and management at all levels was judged outstanding and having real impact on so many aspects of school life.
Thank you so much to all of you who responded to the OFSTED Parent View survey. According to the HMI who visited, the responses were high compared to other schools and extremely positive for all aspects of school. Such feedback is very encouraging and satisfying. Please read the report and be assured that we will continue to have the highest of expectations for all pupils and ensure our work ‘makes a positive impact on the life chances of all pupils’.
What Ofsted say
- This school continues to be good.
- ….building a strong learning community that works effectively with staff, parents, pupils…
- You and your leadership team, including those responsible for governance, use your detailed knowledge …. to make a positive impact on the life chances of pupils.
- Central to your school’s work is the determination to ensure that all pupils, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds, succeed academically.
- Pupils, governors, leaders and staff share your high expectations of learning and the personal development of all pupils. This is also reflected within the range of extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities about which pupils speak enthusiastically and from which they benefit.
- You offer a broad and balanced curriculum that is strengthened by links with colleges, businesses and arts organisations.
- Pupils speak confidently about their school and talk with a sense of pride. A few pupils said: ‘I just wish others knew how good this school is.’
- Throughout the school it was evident that pupils behave respectfully and conduct themselves well. You and your team have worked hard to ensure that all staff and pupils take personal responsibility for improving pupil behaviour, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy.
- Pupils like the emphasis you have placed on rewards and the focus that is placed on pupils ‘doing the right thing’.
- …. pupils work in a calm and purposeful learning environment.
- Leaders and governors focus on ensuring pupil well-being and safety are paramount.
- Pupils speak about the wealth of support that staff, including members of the pastoral team, offer them. Pupils say that they know who to go to if they have a concern and are confident that their concerns will be dealt with promptly and sensitively.
- You and your team have worked hard to ensure that in 2017, at the end of key stage 4, pupils made better progress than pupils, nationally.
- Leaders and governors are still, rightly, prioritising the progress and attainment of the most able pupils.
- Pupils respond well to the higher expectations that teachers have of their work.
- Through skilful questioning, pupils get opportunities to deepen and consolidate their learning and, thus, achieve at greater depth.
- …. more students now gain higher grades and move on to Russell group universities, leaders are not complacent.
Please take time to read the full report attached below.