To inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives.
Teaching should equip pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes.
The knowledge pupils possess should develop to include their understanding of physical and human processes as well human development.
- Knowing my local area
- Physical Processes
- Understand the processes that give rise to key physical and human geographical features of the world,
- Develop contextual knowledge of the location of globally significant places
- Develop competence to collect, analyse and communicate with a range of data gathered through experiences of fieldwork that deepen their understanding of geographical processes
- Interpret a range of sources of geographical information, including maps, diagrams, globes, aerial photographs and Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Communicate geographical information in a variety of ways.