How can I support my child in Independent Learning?
Below are some suggested strategies for how you can support your child in their Independent Learning:
- Show an active interest and provide plenty of praise and encouragement;
- Support your child taking responsibility for being self-organised.
- Ensure your child has access to a quiet space where they can work without disruption;
- Ensure access to the local library and the Internet (if this is not possible, ensure your child makes use of the school’s ICT facilities);
- Support your child in planning and establishing a homework routine;
- Ensure your child is well rested, fed and watered
- Ensure your child knows that you still love them even if they fail!
Please see also our ‘Exam Ready’ guidance booklet .