Whilst the risk to individuals in the UK posed by the Coronavirus is not considered by the government to be significant, please do read the advice that has been provided and which is contained in this email.
You should not be unduly worried about the possibility of your children catching the Coronavirus and there is no reason why your children should not continue to attend school as normal. However, should you be planning to travel over half term, particularly to destinations in the Far East, we ask you to read the advice provided by the government, which includes action you may need to take on return from your holiday should you feel in any way unwell. This advice can be found at:
Encouraging good hygiene
As always, if your child has symptoms of a cold or flu, please remind them of the usual measures they can take to stop germs:
• always carry tissues and use them to catch coughs or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
• wash hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport.
• use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Please find the most recent information that has been uploaded to the Lambeth Website with the latest information on Coronavirus. The page can be found here:
We wish you all the best for the half term break!