Biometric Fingerprint System
BIOMETRIC FINGER RECOGNITION SYSTEM
We have a student recognition system using biometrics at the Norwood School. This allows us to make the best use of efficient systems such as cashless catering, library software, print and copy cost control, access control and registration systems. This system improves the services we are able to offer students and staff significantly, with benefits including:
- Improved security for handling cash transactions in the school.
- You can top up and check your child’s transactions online via the Parent Pay system.
- Reduction in administration time and cost dealing with lost or forgotten cards/passwords/PINs.
- Reduction in opportunities for bullying as there is nothing that can be stolen for use by another student.
- Children will not have to remember to bring a card.
- Reduction in queuing time.
We would like to make it clear that the Norwood School will comply at all times with the Data Protection Act and the provisions of the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 regarding the use of biometric data. In order for your child to use the biometric system, one parent or guardian will need to consent below.
If you would like more information please see the website for details or if you would like the chance to discuss this further, please feel free to contact the school.
Once your child ceases to use the biometric recognition system, his/her biometric information will be securely and permanently deleted by the school.
You can withdraw this consent at any time in writing.
If you have not given consent for your child to have their fingerprint taken and wish to do so now then please contact the office or ask your child to pick up a consent form from reception.