Reminder to parents and students
With public exams looming for our current Yr 11 and Sixth Form - it is never too early to ensure that they have an effective revision timetable in place and that they are managing their time well, making use of all the extra curricular Wonder 7 support, tutorials, holiday revision and saturday schools that are in place to support their learning in lessons and at home.
However stressful, exams are now a part of life. The key is to minimise your child’s worries and to be aware of the potential stress exams can cause. Remember that there are always people to talk to here at school if you or your child are worried about exams.
How to help your child cope with exams:
- Accept the system but don’t pile on the pressure
- Keep your child’s confidence high
- Make sure that revision is structured
- Talk to teachers
- Don’t overload your child (cut down on extra-curricular activities during exam/assessment time)
- Invest in revision guides
- Soothe pre-exam nerves