Year 7 and 8
What can you expect in Year 7 and Year 8 as part of our Careers Guidance Strategy?
- Exploring interests and strengths
- My career journey
- Coping with change and transition and planning for the future
- Challenging stereotypes
- Investigate job families and identify the ones that most closely match your interests
- ‘Draw’ a career timeline to track the decisions you’ll face in the next seven years.
- Set up a skills log to record how you best demonstrate the skills needed for employability
- Careers interest and self-assessment exercises such as Fast Tomato, Kudos or JED to explore different career areas
- Careers assemblies
- Visit to School based Careers Fair
- Exploring equality and diversity through investigating different images of learning and work and the people involved
- Industry days and activities linked to, for example – 7 Billion Ideas Company, ENO Opera Squad, National Science and Engineering Week and The Big Draw.